Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Alter Ego

I'm sure no one else has this problem, but work does not always bring out the best in me. For quite some time now, I've been praying that God would stop me from, as AJ says, "letting my ugly hang out."

I was discussing this inner ugly person with one of my classes the other day and explained to them that I don't like this person any more than they do, and I would really appreciate it if they would not do things to encourage her to come out. Then, they decided that my evil alter ego needed a name, and thus, Ursula was born.

Hopefully, we won't see much of Ursula.

P.S. Another student suggested Shrek, and while I don't particularly want to be an ogre, I did very quickly identify which student in that class would play the role of Donkey to my Shrek.

1 comment:

  1. I completely, 100%, no-doubt-about-it, understand!
    My students would have no clue what 'evil alter ego' meant. However, on occasion I have referred to Miss Nelson is Missing and asked if they wanted Viola Swamp to emerge. That usually gets them back on track! :)

    ReplyDelete