Wednesday, May 13, 2009

TMI

I hope you won't think me vain if I tell you this, but I looked pretty darned cute today. My hair was straight, and I was even wearing a skirt. As you may have gathered from a previous post, my students don't get to see this side of me very often. And another rarity here lately--I was actually in an especially good mood today. I don't have any particular reason--perhaps it was because the number of research papers hanging over my head significantly dwindled with my productive day off yesterday; perhaps it was because I was excited (and rightfully so) about Walking Wednesday; perhaps it was because God has convicted me about my attitude at work, and I have been making a concerted effort to not be negative. At any rate, it was a good day.

However, any time my students see me looking a little nicer than normal or see that I'm in a better mood than usual, they are rather free with their comments.

The first 10 minutes of my 4th period class went something like this:
Student: "Ms. Ruddell, you look really nice today."
Me: Thank you.
Student: And you're in a good mood--you have a date tonight, don't you?
Me: No.
Student: Come on, you can tell me--you have a date, don't you.
Me: No.
Student: Ms. Ruddell, I know you have a date even though you won't tell me. It's the only explanation. Or did you have a date last night? Is that why you're so happy today?
Me: No.
Student: Okay, even though you won't tell me, I know you must have had a date.

I think I finally said that my good mood was because I had made a lot of progress in grading research papers and because Jesus loves me, but the kicker was when I told him that the reason I was wearing a skirt was because I actually shaved my legs yesterday.

I may have over-shared, but at least it shut him up.

1 comment:

  1. You know my "students" don't care if I shave my legs so I can wear ratty cut-offs anytime I want to...and I do. Amelia did touch my legs once and say, "Ooh, like Daddy's 'whiskas'"

    ReplyDelete