Friday, May 8, 2009

Random Acts

So, I'm going to be a little vulnerable. I've been really discouraged about work here lately. When I am there, it seems like I face one petty frustration after another, and it is starting to get to me. I know that I am mostly to blame for my frustration--I am so overcommitted that I have begun to neglect my work, and I know that I am not giving my best when I show up to my school each day. When I feel like I am scrambling to stay just a half step ahead of my students, I have very little patience to deal with typical freshman immaturity. I just feel like I'm not having much of an impact.

I know that the Lord has placed me in this job and wants me to serve Him here, but more often than not my light does not shine very brightly for Him. I have been praying that God would change my attitude, but it is so easy to become mired in all the little irritations each day brings.

I was feeling especially discouraged on my way to work this morning (I was actually almost envious of my teacher friend who is on bedrest from a back injury because she at least doesn't have to go to work!) and was praying that God would bring me some encouragement and maybe even a hug. I had been at school for about ten minutes when one of my students walked into my room and said that he had something for me. He pulled out a gift with a card from him and his mom thanking me for all that I had done for him. And he even gave me a hug before he left.

It's amazing how God knows just what we need when we need it and is so faithful to provide!

1 comment: