Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Earworms

Don't you hate it when you get random songs stuck in your head? And, of course, the songs that are the most annoying are the ones that just won't go away. For example, for at least three of my four years in college, I had "Hail to the Chief" bouncing around in my brain.

Some days the songs are more random than others.

I started my day with the line, "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife," moved to, "Ha-ha-ha! Ho-ho-ho! And a couple of tra-la-las! That's how we laugh the day away in the Merry Old Land of Oz," had a brief fling with "Fantine's Death" from Les Miserables and have now returned to the Emerald City.

And now, I bet you're singing at least one of these songs, too. Misery does love company, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment