Saturday, September 11, 2010

A missed opportunity?

I felt the need for some prayer time this evening, and I was distracted at home, so I grabbed my journal, a bottle of water, and a blanket and headed to Hermann Park. I undertook this same endeavor last Saturday as well, but I was interrupted by the visit of a rather large rat. However, ever the optimist, I decided to give the park another chance.

I was feeling rather lonely today, so I was praying for someone who would sit with me, hold me, and talk with me (guess what my love languages are). About that time, through my sniffles, I heard a voice asking me if I wanted some company. I soon learned the voice belonged to a bearded man who told me he was "wandering through the park--I mean, I have a home and a job--but I was walking through the park..." After a brief conversation, I politely declined his offer, and he left. I packed up my stuff and left shortly thereafter.

I know God's ways are higher than mine, but surely He wouldn't choose to answer my prayer with a wandering stranger, in the dark, when there were no witnesses in close proximity.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's one of those "my momma didn't raise no fool" moments. God gave you an intelligence for a reason!

    ReplyDelete