Monday, June 15, 2009

Is anyone still there?

I've apparently been on a blog hiatus for a little while. The end of the school year is always crazy, but this year had a few special surprises that made it even more difficult. And so, because I'm sure you've wondered what I've been up to over the last three-and-a-half weeks, to quote Inigo Montoya, "Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up."

Since you last heard from me, I (in no particular order)...

have prayed with friends.
have laughed with friends.
have cried with friends.
ran with Tim the marathoner.
have lamented the world's problems.
solved a few of them.
had students make me cry in a bad way.
had students make me cry in a good way.
used my iron for maybe the 5th time in the almost 7 years I have owned it.
sweated in some strange places.
went to two Astros games.
embraced my inner Charlie's Angel.
FINISHED THE SCHOOL YEAR!
watched my babies graduate.
helped change a guy's world view--Yes, we DO think about it.
visited with a long-lost friend.
had a random drunk 40-year-old woman buy me a drink (more on this in another post).
have been discouraged.
have been encouraged.
enjoyed lots of random texting.
received and gave lots of hugs (There are few things better, in my opinion).
did not succumb to Target shoe lust.
decided to go back to Qba (more on this later, too).

Hopefully there's still someone around to read this, and hopefully it won't be another three weeks before you hear from me again.

4 comments:

  1. I always read your blog!!! Please keep the posts coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's this handy little tracker that shows all the recent posts so I read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now when you say "sweated in some strange places" do you mean strange places on your body or strange exotic locales like say...Kennebunkport, Maine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love you. :) I'm glad you have a blog so I can read about what's going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete